If you’ve been injured on the job, Dr. Scott Sheridan at Bonney Lake Chiropractic and Massage in Bonney Lake, WA offers work injury treatments to help you get back on your feet.
Can a Chiropractor Really Help With a Workplace Injury?
Every single year, millions of Americans are hurt on their job. That fact is probably not a shock, but you might be surprised to learn that not all of those injuries occur by doing manual labor or due to falls. Some happen to those who work from a desk.
Regardless of how these injuries occur, chiropractors like Dr. Sheridan at Bonney Lake Chiropractic and Massage in Bonney Lake, WA provide work injury treatments through natural and effective techniques. Learn more about how below.
Common Types of Workplace Injuries
On-the-job injuries typically fall into the category of musculoskeletal injuries, but the type can vary. Some of the most common include:
- Herniated discs
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Frozen shoulder
- Overuse of muscles, tendons, and joints
- Whiplash from accidents when operating work vehicles or machinery
How a Chiropractor Can Help
Chiropractors specialize in detecting, diagnosing, and treating issues in the musculoskeletal system. And treatment techniques utilize the body’s own healing mechanisms to provide natural healing and recovery.
Each treatment plan is customized for the patient, ensuring the best care possible. Treatment plans typically include a combination of the following:
- Adjustments and manipulation to restore proper alignment throughout the skeletal system
- Massage and other soft tissue therapy to release tension, break up scar tissue, restore range of motion, and reduce pain
- Spinal decompression to stretch the spine, pull herniated discs back in, and relieve compression on the nerves
- Therapeutic exercises to target the damaged area – these include stretching and strengthening movements
Through such methods, your body can heal properly and naturally – no need for invasive techniques or addictive medications. Chiropractic care can help you recover from work injuries more quickly and help reduce the likelihood that you’ll sustain another one.
Learn more about how work injury treatments with Dr. Sheridan at Bonney Lake Chiropractic and Massage in Bonney Lake, WA can help by scheduling an appointment at (253) 862-6662 today.