Tired of living with back pain? Dr. Scott Sheridan at Bonney Lake Chiropractic And Massage in Bonney Lake, WA, provides safe and effective treatment plans for your needs.
Guide to Chiropractic Back Pain Relief in Bonney Lake, WA
Back pain is such a common issue that people across all walks of life and among all ages – including young children – experience it. It’s a top cause for people missing work and generally not being able to function properly or perform regular tasks. What makes back pain so common, and what can be done about it? Dr. Sheridan and the team at Bonney Lake Chiropractic And Massage share the answers below.
Common Causes of Back Pain
It’s difficult to determine exactly what is causing your back pain without an assessment, but the bottom line is typically that something is amiss in your musculoskeletal system. This can include any of the following and more:
- Misalignment of the vertebra
- Muscle strains, ligament sprains, or tension
- Herniated discs – typically caused by injuries
- Nerve compression – typically caused by a herniated disc
- Degenerating discs
- Arthritis or osteoporosis
These issues can be caused by a number of factors, including but not limited to:
- Heavy or repetitive lifting
- Improper lifting techniques
- Carrying excess weight
- Poor posture
- Carrying heavy bags or backpacks
- Being inactive or overly active
- Accidents, including auto accidents, work-related accidents, and sports accidents
- Poor sleeping position
- Being on your feet for long periods, especially when wearing non-supportive shoes
How to Relieve Back Pain
As you can see, the underlying reason and contributing factors of back pain can vary widely. The first step to relieving your back pain is visiting a chiropractor for a thorough assessment.
Once the root cause and any contributing factors have been determined, your chiropractor will develop a treatment plan consisting of various methods to address them all. While these methods can vary depending on the provider, Dr. Sheridan provides the following and more.
- Adjustments: Spinal adjustments and manipulation are critical for restoring alignment and balance throughout the musculoskeletal system. In doing so, not only is pain reduced or eliminated, but it also relieves pressure from muscles, discs, nerves, and more.
- Spinal decompression: This method stretches the spine gently, relieving tension and pressure from muscles, discs, and nerves while improving blood flow to the spine.
- Massage therapy: Therapeutic massage helps relieve tension while also improving blood flow and kickstarting the healing process.
- Therapeutic exercise: Stretching and strengthening movements target the damaged and weakened areas to restore health and wellness.
Don’t let back pain steal another day. Call (253) 862-6662 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Sheridan at Bonney Lake Chiropractic And Massage in Bonney Lake, WA, today.